Clinics We Offer
Practice Nurse and Health Care Assistant Clinics
The Practice Nurse team offer the following services:-
Please call reception on 01772 585451 to book. If you have been invited by the practice to book into a clinic, you may be able to book online using an online services app (NHS App, MyGP, Patient Access). Please note: due to pre-appointment checks, not all appointments are available for online booking.
- Family planning advice
- Smear tests
- Travel advice and vaccinations
- Advice on healthy eating/lifestyle and weight loss
- NHS Health checks for patients aged 40 - 74yrs
- Health checks for patients aged over 75yrs
Managing Long Term Conditions
- Blood pressure/Hypertension
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Health Care Assistant
- NHS Health Checks
- Blood Pressure reviews/monitoring (at GP request only)
- Weight Management
- New Patient checks
- ECGs (at GP request only)
- Urine Sampling (at GP request only)
- Flu & Pneumonia
Meet our wider team of specialists...
We now have a wider team of specialists working alongside our GPs. Our reception team will signpost you to the most appropriate person, depending on your issue.
Our clinical pharmacist works as part of the general practice team to improve value and outcomes from medicines and consult with and treat patients directly. Patients may be offered a structured medication review (SMR). A structured medication review (SMR) is a patient centred review of all medications, with the aim to optimise treatment and provide better patient outcomes.
Social Prescribing Service
We have an in-house social prescriber attached to the practice. Social prescribing (sometimes know as community referral) works for a wide range of people including those:
- with one or more long term conditions
- who need support with their mental health
- who are lonely or isolated
- who have complex social needs which affect their wellbeing (e.g. money or debts issues, domestic abuse, housing, employment)
Suitable patients will be referred by the clinical team and our social prescriber will contact you to arrange an appointment.
First Contact Physio
We have an in-house musculoskeletal first contact practitioner (or FCP). FCP's are trained specialists and can help patients with musculoskeletal issues such as back, neck and joint pain by:
- assessing and diagnosing issues
- giving expert advice on how best to manage their conditions
- referring them to specialist services if necessary
If you contact the practice with back or joint pain, you may be booked in to see our FCP in the first instance rather than a GP.